15 Central Park West is a 43-storey residential development near Central Park. It is a 231 unit luxury residential development that Global Holdings constructed via a partnership with Zeckendorf Development and Goldman Sachs’ Whitehall Funds.
• Developer: Zeckendorf Development (the Zeckendorfs – Arthur and William Lie Zeckendorf)
• Developer: Global Holdings Management Group
There is no doubt the location is irreplaceable. The Building, designed by Robert A. M. Stern, turned out to be one of Manhattan’s most iconic developments. The property achieved a $2 billion sellout in 18 months surpassing records for North America. The beautiful limestone makes this building stand out. The project was completed in 2008.
• Architect: Robert A.M. Stern
Arthur Zeckendorf, together with his brother William Lie, represents the next generation of the Zeckendorf real estate dynasty. They are owners of their own major property development company Zeckendorf Realty, and of the real estate brokerage company Terra Holdings, which owns and operates Brown Harris Stevens and Halstead.
520 Park Avenue is another new development by the Zeckendorfs and Global Holdings.
Related Online Information:
• Eyal Ofer [Jewish Business News]
• William Zeckendorf, Jr. [wikipedia]
• Arthur and William Lie Zeckendorf [Jewish Business News]
• Why no Other Building Will Be Like 15 Central Park West [Cityrealty]
• NYC’s It buildings — past and present [The Real Deal]
• Can the Zeckendorfs break the mold again? [The Real Deal]
Published 4 November 2016
Image by RAMSA