The Manhattan skyline could be revolutionized in the near future. oiio studio is an architectural company capable of thinking outside the box. The result is this mind-bending skyscraper. If completed the building would have a length of 1,200 m (4,000ft). We are used to be talking about the tallest buildings in the world. Now it seems we will be talking about the longest buildings in the world.
“What if we substituted height with length? What if our buildings were long instead of tall?”
• Architectural company: oiio architecture studio
• Mind-bending skyscraper could revolutionize Manhattan skyline [RT]
• New York could be getting the longest building in the world, the Big Bend [BBC]
• The Big Bend: Giant U-shaped skyscraper planned for New York [Independent]
• The Big Bend: A U-shaped skyscraper that aims to be the longest in the world [CNN]
Published 27 March 2017