World One Mumbai is a 120-storey residential development in Mumbai. The supertall skyscraper has a height of 442 m (1,450 ft) and this is one of the reasons why we decided to take a closer look at this project. This is a development by Indian property developer Lodha Group.
• More information about World One Mumbai on FACEBOOK
World One is the tallest of three signature residential towers, a development project known as The World Towers. The two other towers are called World View and World Crest. Some call it Lodha Place, it is a 17-acre mixed-use development masterplanned by Pei Cobb Freed & Partners in 2009.
There are six “world residences” per floor in the first tier, two “world villas” per floor in the second tier, and duplex “world mansions” in the tower’s top tier. Every bedroom has a full-width balcony. There is a total of 291 residential units.
The team includes the following members:
• Structural Engineer: Leslie E. Robertson Associates (LERA)
• Mechanical – Electrical – Plumbing: BuroHappold Engineering
• Landscape Architecture: Ken Smith Landscape Architect
• Main Contractor: Arabian Construction Company
The construction contract was awarded to a joint venture formed by Middle East based construction giant, ACC (Arabian Construction Company) and Indian Infrastructure major, Simplex Infrastructures Ltd.
Construction started in 2011 and the project is scheduled to be completed in 2018. Upon completion World One Mumbai will be the third tallest residential building in the world, after Central Park Tower (472 m) and Marina 106 (445 m).
Trump Tower Mumbai, located a stone’s throw away from World One Mumbai, is also a development by Lodha Group.
Related Online Information:
• World One [Wikipedia]
• ACC – Simplex Infra to build World One in Mumbai – [IIFL India Infoline]
• HDFC Property Fund makes Rs 1,500 crore exit from Lodha’s World Towers [The Economic Times]
• List of tallest residential buildings [Wikipedia]
Published 16 November 2016